A vacation home can be a house, apartment, condominium, mobile home or boat. If you own a vacation home that you rent to others, you generally must report the rental income on your federal income tax return. But you may not have to report that income if the rental period is short.   See this IRS article for more information about renting your vacation home:


If you have plans for renting, feel free to check with your CPA on how these rules apply to your situation.